Hi! I’m a Software Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA.
I am passionate about architecting solutions that help connect users with technology and toolsets in simplified, meaningful, and more productive ways.
I have recently developed full-stack business process management solutions, managed large-scale software migrations, and led a diverse team. My other technical interests include systems engineering, networking, security, and advancements in renewable/green technologies.
At the Office
I currently provide full-stack applications development, maintenance, and support for teams that focus primarily on managing enterprise software. This includes a fully-customized business process management (BPM) solution, process automation, and integration of third-party systems infrastructure technologies. I also serve as a development mentor and have previously managed a team of off-shore contractors.
These are some of my current projects:
- Building a conversational chatbot to better connect with my team’s customers via frequently asked question and quick reference knowledge bases (Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Bot Services, QnaMaker)
- Query optimization and Elastic-stack cluster management (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat, Metricbeat)
- Process automation and workflows for IT infrastructure teams, using K2 Blackpearl, PowerShell, and .NET
- Database maintenance, tuning, and query optimization (SQL)
My other responsibilities include:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager (MEMCM) automation via scripting and the REST admin service
- Power BI reports and dashboards, and maintaining a software certification catalog (SQL backend)
- Project and resource management
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, you will likely find me exploring the backcountry wilderness of the Pacific Northwest, balancing my love of food and drink with a low-FODMAP diet, enjoying new music, and otherwise keeping my geekdom credentials up-to-date.
Before relocating to the Pacific Northwest from Louisville, KY, I completed my graduate degree in computer engineering at the University of Louisville’s J.B. Speed School of Engineering. In the subsequent years, I have focused on growing new roots in Washington state. I occasionally write about my hiking and travel adventures at shoulderseason.net.
Related: Past Projects | PGP Public Key